Monday, February 28, 2011

The Traveller-2


Tlot, tlot, the horse shoe hit the sun baked clay
On a winding path over creeks and brooks.
Tlot, tlot, did it echo into the fragile dying day,
As the sun slipped down, and up went the moon

Night did descend, and tired were we,
For an evening-primrose bed, did we find,
Snuggled between the flowing crystal stream,
A land lit by the moon and the silver night.

The camp was set and the food was served,
As beasts, drank off the sparkling creek,
Wine was served and songs were purred,
By shores of the river, restless and bleak.

At length, A shimmering flame, crossed our way,
A man dressed in white, fragile, aged and wise,
"I am a traveler", said he, "would ye let me stay,
For, the night is long and chill will rise"
.

We let him stay, and by the fire he settled,
"There's a better land, upstream beyond the mound",
said he, as he feasted on wine and rested by the fire.
Where wild lily blossoms And the brooks make no sound".

"So would you mind following me, oh men of time,
For its a beauty that lays, untouched by men"
,
So we saddled our horses and followed the wise,
To the land, upstream beyond the mound.

"When the hour strikes late, cherubs do sing", he continued,
"With flutes and harps, and a song that sooth the being,
The music does capture, the music does attract,
For those who have listened, were never to be seen"
.

"I was caught once, in this heart numbing song", said he.
"And I did cross the land upstream beyond the mound.
To dance to the music and sing with the cherubs,
I did cross the land upstream beyond the mound".


"Weren't you captured?" asked one of my mates,
As we got absorbed in the stupor and dream.
"If you were captured how do you sit with us",
Asked one of my mates, slumped in stupor and fear.

Wind did howl, and the trees did bow,
And moon light played with our minds,
The waters moved, and the camp fire crackled,
As the traveller cleared his throat to rhyme.

"I made a deal with the cherubs said he,
So they let me live, for I bring them life",

And slowly his voice started to fade, fade into the night
As The slow laughter of flutes and harps, filled us inside.

0 comments: