Monday, February 28, 2011

The Orange Ball

The streets were deserted.
Not a soul stood by,
Under the yellow sodium light,
Did the night come to life.
A little boy played along the way,
As his mother stood by, heard him say,
"Mother buy me an Orange Ball"
"For I want to play with other Boys"
"Who have the same"

The mother didn't reply, let the silence talk
For an orange ball, she couldn't afford
The child was quite, merging with his mother,
The silence talked loud, as they looked eye in eye

"But its just an orange ball I ask", said the boy
"Why won't you buy me one, mother won't you reply"
She stood there silent, no words ever came out.
The boy did nag, then something caught his eye,
A glitter of tear that swelled up in his mother's eye

"Why do you cry mother", he did ask
Silence again, she didn't reply,
For what her kid would know, what hardships were.
For all he asked was for the Orange Balls.


4 comments:

Ravenclaw said...

its damn man!!! what, u want me in tears?????? its sad n pierces my heart like crazy!!!!! god, i cant keep the mom with the tear outta my mind!!!!! its damn man!!! too touchy!!!! ryt sumthing less senti or i'll sue u for spoiling my mood!!!! hate u. *sniff* too damn touchy!!!!!!

Unknown said...

u made me cry.i dont want to read it again.

Jyoti Kuwarbi said...

i can feel so many emotions(sad 1s) flowin in my mind!!!damn...it spoilt my mood seriusly!!!!mammaaa!!!

Zimbabwe vgtjbkjkij said...

Awesome man. Rula diya tu! :'(