Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Traveler-Epilogue, The mad King

The night had been long,
My share of mares, with the stories untold,
With dreams forgotten, a heavy heart,
And through 'em, sinister plans, I play my part.

My brothers disappear, in pools of blood,
My brothers disappear, I wish help'em I could.

Forests of despair, intervened with our quest,
Riches promised, women to satisfy our lust,
Lands to conquer, for the king in me to rest.

A long trail of deceit, as I travel,
An immortal, I have lived a story untold,
Today I stand, alone and lost in time,
Traveler, they call me, traveler with a rhyme.

To devil, sell my soul I did, to live for eons.  
To devil, sell my soul I did, despaired, I live on.

The moon, my desire,  a price far promised,
Wine to quench my thirst, golds for the love I missed,
Souls to win, for the king in me to despotize.  

This is the last journey, they say,
I desist to move, for I have stories untold,
The winding path through the country side,
And the men, whom I killed for my own hearts' pride.

Ghosts aren't real, they just vanish with the wind,
Ghosts aren't real, sleep eludes, for I have sinned.

O' night, why are you bathed in blood,
Ridden with guilt, my heart, a withered rose bud,
Sleep I yearn, and my eyes, they have bled.

I am a king, the king of an immortal time,
But insanity, my king, has stories untold,
I have reigned with vengeance, for my soul that I lost,
The witch of time, chuckles, "but at what cost".

Past is slowly pulling me in, vanish it whispers.
Past is slowly fading away, sins, my seven sisters.

So I drink, I dance and I feast with the dead,
With so much, over the crackling fires done and said,
But no pleasure satisfies me, and no one for a tear to shed.

For I,  am the traveler. 


The traveler saga : Traveler 1 - 6

1 comments:

Ravenclaw said...

i love it. its real cool. kinda sweeps you along.. impossible to not sympathize with the king and yet tsk at him coz its his own fault..