Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Cat with the Blue Eye


The cat spoke, with spurts of laughter masking its voice,
"Do you know what makes this world a place worth living?",
A blank stare on my face, that was all I could give.

The cat smiled, its bright eyes shone, blue,
It straightened its fur coat, licking its palm.

It leapt from the table to my shoulder, to whisper,
"Its that little bird over the fence, which I need",
"That yellow cute bird, which would become my dinner one day".

An evil snarl, as it leapt back, its gaze fixed on me,
An evil smile sprung upon its whiskered face,


"Open your eyes, look around, find your bird",
The cat purred, as it lay, playing with its wool ball,
Then without warning it leapt out of the window, and my eyes followed.

With a lightning move, it had the bird in its claws,
A little struggle, and a splash of blood, a little tweet.

I understood what the cat had said, and my eyes watched,
As the cat feasted on the dead bird, relishing its taste,
I had to find my bird, the bird to make this world a place worth living.

4 comments:

Ravenclaw said...

quite deep n thought provoking. seems that u r finally using ur grey matter!!!! :D :D whats ur birdie, dearest??

Dews said...

So, have you found your, um, chick? (That's what this was all about, right? :P )

Justin said...

:P
No
Its about the lil bird.

Justin said...

Why does every one think that this poem has got something to do with a girl O_o