Thursday, June 2, 2011

White Drapes

"...By the crimson ribbons of blood, on the white drapes..."

I heard the rattle of the chains,
As I passed by the lone swing.
It swayed slowly in the wind,
Under the light of the full moon.

My memories played out their parts,
As I passed through the doors.
My house, my home, now in rubles, it stood,
My house, my home, where my life I lived.

The moon light floods the room,
And the mirrors reflect, hung by the walls,
I built my memories here,
And have buried them with the house.

I enter my room, a sweet fragrance fills my being,
A sweet fragrance of rose and lemon grass
It was the room where I grew up,
The room where I found my first love.

The white drapes hang by the window,
Slowly floating with the night breeze,
The moon light casts a shadow of it,
And a shadow is what remains of it.

He was a young lad, a handsome man,
And the drapes held his memories,
He would climb every night through the window,
To kiss me a peaceful sleep.

I embrace the drapes, as it holds his fragrance,
A fragrance I had started to love,
I stay there all night, by the window,
As the moon light fills my heart with peace

Nights on end, we sat by the window,
Sharing our dreams, dreams of days to come.
We would count the stars, and watch the fireflies dance,
And with the first light, he would leave with a sweet hug.

Every night, moon witnessed our growing love,
As it lived on for days to come.
And suddenly one night, he didn't come,
That day neither the fireflies danced or the moon shined.

But Its no more the same night,
As the sun peeks through the trees,
And my memories, refreshed by the morning light,
Saw the crimson ribbons of blood, on the white drapes.

Then one night he came, and broke my heart,
"I can't be with you, for I am going far", he said
Then no more I saw him, as he bid farewell,
Leaving a sweet kiss to remember him by.

I was broken, I was shattered, and I missed him,
And nights I would stand by the window,
And nights I would weep for him to return,
Until one night I stabbed my self in the heart.

My blood splattered on the white drapes,
And crimson streams did it leave behind,
I died that night holding the drapes close to my heart,
For it held his sweet fragrance, a fragrance I had loved.

So every night I come, to live my love,
Every night I live, till the sunrise,
And as the I see the white drapes in the light,
I disappear with the morning mist.

1 comments:

Dews said...

Sorry to put it this way, this bears a stark resemblance to Twilight. That vampire novel series. :O