Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reasons

I waited, under the orange sunlight,
Waiting for the reasons to dawn,
Every night, I sleep with questions,
Every day I try to find the reasons.



There was this time when reasons didn't exist, I was happy, then from somewhere, someone gave me a reason for doing things. I split my self. I searched for reasons, reasons to be happy, reasons to be sad, reasons to love and reasons to hate. There was this time, when reasons became everything in life, reasons became the only reason for existence. I searched the depths of humanity for the reasons of war, why a man loves his beloved. Reasons started governing my life, reasons started directing my actions, my choices. I became enslaved to reasons.


He had this smile, when he kissed her lips,
He had this feeling, which love could only give.
He lived for her, and he died for her,
But today he asks, 'why should I without reasons to give'.



If there were a purpose for survival, I would search for it, but why, I would still ask, "Reasons" are like Ideas. They destroy the very instinct to survive.
I am just afraid that someday I may start asking for reasons to survive, "What is use of life itself. No reasons.".


I miss him, the kid who did things without reasons. I miss him, for he was free, free to do what he wished for. That kid grew into a man who needs reasons to exist, reasons to survive.

I feel like the third servant of the rich man, who hid his money, without utilizing it. I feel like him, and I am afraid that on the day of judgement, I would be asked "Why didn't I utilize the talents that were given to me?", I am such a shame, a failure, just because I ask for reasons to share. I am afraid I might start asking reasons to care and to love.

He waits for the rain to go,
As it floods his inner soul,
Is it despair or a quest for reason,
He doesn't know, He doesn't ask,
Soon silence will descend,
No reason would exist,
Then again he would ask,
Give me the reason, reasons to survive,
Give me freedom,
freedom from the reason that enslaves
Give me peace, and give me life,
For reasons exist, for those who seek,
Those who seek the reason to Life.

4 comments:

Syl said...

ahh tim, we all feel that way... and ai love those lines
"He had this smile, when he kissed her lips,
He had this feeling, which love could only give.
He lived for her, and he died for her,
But today he asks, 'why should I without reasons to give'"

well written :)

Ravenclaw said...

baby its philosophical but not precisely enlightening coz i'm doing sumthing like this ryt now in my colg curriculum. the thing is, sumtyms i start to wonder whether u r doing engg ya philosophy hons!!! well, wat u've written is thot provoking but as i'm a creature of impulse n intuition cant really empathize with u. but yeah, if u've started to ask for reasons, u r no longer passive but r actually alive. ie u have evolved from being a monkey to a rational human being!!! (doing Darwin ryt now. sorry for d analogy)

Anonymous said...

Melancholy,gloomy,despairing...interesting.Words do not fail me.Comprehension does.

MITHA B. said...

'Stop Thinking ' 'Start Living ' ...Tim

As simple as that .....