Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Infinite Love


"...What a fool was he, to believe in love, for I haven't found one, not in the hundred years I lived..."

Was it pity, or lust for blood,
That moved her heart, to help.
As she dragged him in, half dead,
Dragged him into her abode,
And let him live.

She was a vampire, an un-dead being,
Sucking out blood, to satisfy her needs,
But for him, she couldn't touch,
For on his neck hung,
The cross pendant.

She was moved, I could say,
For she helped him stand on his foot,
She had changed, I could see,
For she nursed him back to health,
Was it Love?

For months they stayed together,
In the little dwelling of hers,
And for months she nurtured the love,
As it grew strong with him.
Had she changed?

Then one day, she confessed her love,
"I feel the same", said he,
And for an embrace, he leapt in,
But she screamed, and held back,
The cross pendant on his being.

"If you love me, remove that,
Remove the wretched pendant from your being,
For it makes me weak in heart
And kills the love in me"

She said, with a shaky voice.

He tore the pendant apart with a shove,
And to dust he threw it,
And they broke into a sweet embrace,
Which only love could know.
Then she kissed his neck.

With a sudden jerk, she bit into him,
Sinking her fangs deep into his throat.
"For months you have evaded me",
She laughed, a bone chilling one,
As she drained the life out.

When she was done, she wiped her lips,
And threw the limp body to the floor,
"What a fool was he, to believe in love,
For I haven't found one,
Not in the hundred years I lived"


Dedicated to my lil' sis Josmin

2 comments:

Ravenclaw said...

bobo, it was way violent. ummm, cant exactly say i liked it coz i am more disturbed dan awed ya moved. i kinda believe in world being perfect n true love n stuff n reforming of bad ppl so... the ending was a shock. but as a whole n from the eyes of a critic, i think its very panoramic. i can feel the passage of tym. the stanzas vibrate with emotion. i can feel it. absolutely. maybe thats why i am traumatized. BTW, i like the Vamp. ;) gimme more!!!

Ravenclaw said...

thanks for the dedication bro!!! :* flattered!!!! :D