Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Violet Sky

I am afraid of the calm after the storm

One fine evening, under an orange sky,
I sat with her, her hands in mine,
Looking at the sky, and the setting sun,
I sat there, looking in her eye.

It was calm, and the peace stayed on,
No words were spoken, but eyes said it all,
A fear lurked within me, as the grey crept in,
For it was the calm before the storm.


The orange of the sky was lost,
And the grey of the storm took hold,
Slowly breaking the strong bonds of love.
And soon the storm was upon us.

The eyes said it all, and tears held the words,
Silence spoke loud, in the sad shades of grey
The storm ragged, as from me she was torn apart.
Never to return, she said, for the storm to depart.

The storm subsided, but from me she was gone,
A violet haze poisoned the sky, as the calm returned,
A painful calm where no words would ever be spoken,
Or is it a calm before another storm sings aloud.

0 comments: