Friday, January 14, 2011

The Three Beggars

One day walking home did I see
Three beggars huddled under a tree
Shabby cloths did cover their body,
As their head swayed along with the wind.

I reached in my pocket, a shilling each did I pick
"'Tis no money we want", said one of the three,
"But a heart that would listen", he said to me.
For compassion can quench the pain and kindness indifference

Time was something I didn't have, but I couldn't leave
"Just for a while will I stay", said I as I sat by the tree.
"God bless ye young lad, for its good you think",
So I sat to listen what the beggars had to say.

"My name is Grief, and these are my brothers", he started the tale
"I am a requirement of loss, a requirement people fear,
Death is my mate as I fill in the lose of the one who is near,
and yet I sit by the tree, to beg, and to live"

"I am Chaos", said the second beggar, "And I fill in grief"
"Everything has a path, Everything has a reason, but for me,
I exist to confuse, I exist to plague, the human mind,
and yet I sit by the tree, to beg, and to live"

"I am Despair", Said the last of the Beggars,
"And its the hope that I take, and its faith I vanquish,
I leave a man with no hope to live, no hope to survive,
and yet I sit by the tree, to beg, and to live"

I listened to them as they rendered their tales, My heart did ache,
I departed from the three beggars, with a heavy heart did I part.
For grief brings chaos and chaos despair,
And he who dies in despair has lived his whole life in vain.

0 comments: