Friday, January 31, 2014

One song poem: The sad man's fiddle

Wife, what art thou? Sitting by the corner,
Raking leaves, in the winter snow, 
Wife, what art thou? Singing a lullaby,
To a child long forgotten.

Wife, what art thou? Caressing my hair,
While I loath your touch.
Wife, what art thou? Kissing me good night,
When I would never sleep.

Wife, what art thou? Holding my hand,
While I let you go, a long time,
Wife, what art thou? Nursing my child,
Who decayed in the grave.

Wife, what art thou? Hiding a tear,
When the world laughs at you,
Wife,what art thou? Being soulful,
While your body gave way.

Wife, what art thou? Loving me still,
I know what you are, so 
Wife, what art thou? I do understand,
While I pretend not to

You are the sad man's fiddle.

1 comments:

Ravenclaw said...

its really sad. and frustrating too. i just wana hit the hubby on his head n give the poor wife a hug... but it really is not their fault so.... its tragic.