Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Street Light

The eyes of the kid, street urchin, 
Shimmered, with a distant dream, 
As he lay wrapped under my light,
Skies and stars, reflected in his dream,
And he slowly faded into the sleep.

Her mind was fixed, thoughts calculated,
The pen poured ink, on the blank paper,
Hope filled her aura, blanketed in a yellow tint,
Hope to achieve, as she sat under me,
Hope to lighten the burdens of her life. 

A tear of joy, a tear of sadness, 
I couldn't tell them apart,
She sat cuddled in her lovers arm, 
A good bye I reckon, or a sense of comfort,
My light made them whole, as they waited.

The redness of the pool, dripping, reflected orange,
As he lay gasping, against a blinking headlight,
I wish I could help him, but alas I was not moved,
The wails of a distant siren, caught my ears,
As I saw his life, disappear, under the cold yellow light.

These are my stories,
Every night a new tale,
Every night a new life.
I wait, for someone, to look into,
I wait someone to talk to.

3 comments:

res said...

Wow! This is good.Something simple yet very beautiful.

res said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ravenclaw said...

This is really cool Bro! Nothing fancy yet so moving and heartfelt!! I love this best of all your works. I guess you coming into yourself. Looking forward for the next one!! ^_^