Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nocturnal Rain


A soft knock on the door, broke my sweet dream,
As rumble of the clouds drowned the siren into night,
A bloodied hand impressed on my window, I opened,
A bloodied face, bloodshot eyes, stared back at me.

"Please save me from the hounds of law,
For an innocent I am who killed to save my dear life",

He pleaded, A bloodied knife hidden under his sleeve,
"I will leave before the first ray of the day", he said.

Years flew back infront of me, as I saw his face,
A bloodied knife I did hide, as I pleaded for a shelter,
The rain did lash, and the darkness swelled around,
That night, I was saved, for in kindness he took me in.

My instincts had something else to say, they screamed rather,
But a human I was, and a heart I had, I took him for his sincere face,
The rain grew wild, and the winds howled, the darkness ate my fears,
A bed I gave, and hot water to wash the blood off, and I slept in peace.

That night I knew the reason of unrest, the unrest of my instinct,
Years ago, that night, I stood by the good man's bed, thinking,
"He needs to die", I thought, "For he may exchange me for the reward".
I slipped the knife into his heart, his screams drowned by nocturnal rain

And that dream muffled my screams.


0 comments: